January 5, 2006 — /MARKET WIRE/ — AUSTIN, Texas — SEMATECH today announced the 2006 SEMATECH Knowledge Series (SKS), a set of public, single-focused industry meetings designed to increase global knowledge in key areas of semiconductor R&D.
Fully or substantially sponsored by SEMATECH or the International SEMATECH Manufacturing Initiative (ISMI) members, these activities bring together leading technical experts to address critical industry issues and accelerate solutions in the nanoelectronics industry.
“The breadth and depth of SEMATECH research and development are reflected in the variety and scope of these meetings,” said SEMATECH President and CEO Mike Polcari.
Through hundreds of technical papers, presentations, group and panel discussions, and poster sessions, experts at SKS meetings:
– Rank critical issues required to bring R&D concepts to commercial
– Focus on ways to extend the use of current materials in the face of
– Share data and methodologies for lowering manufacturing expenses both in existing and next-generation fabs through advances in equipment, process, resources, fab design, and manufacturing methods
– Guide the industry in seeking effective solutions for future
– Build on critical supplier and manufacturer relationships required to
“We recognize our responsibility, on behalf of our members, to provide industry stewardship and enhance global cooperation,” added Polcari. “The SKS continues to provide important forums for fostering dialogue and creating industry consensus.”
The 21 meetings in the 2006 SEMATECH Knowledge Series cover a variety of topics relating to lithography, materials, manufacturing methods, supply chain issues, and effective modeling and business practices. They include:
– EUV Mask Technology & Standards Workshops
– Lithography Forum
– Resist Summit
– EUV Source Workshops
– ML2 Workshop
– EUV Optics Contamination & Lifetime Workshops
– 3rd International Symposium on Immersion Lithography
– International EUVL Symposium
– EUV Mask Standards Workshop
– Wafer Clean & Surface Preparation Workshop
– International Symposium on Advanced Gate Stack Technology
– AEC/APC Symposia
– 3rd ISMI Symposium on Manufacturing Effectiveness
– International Forum on Semiconductor Technology (IFST)
– International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) Conferences
Specific details including meeting dates and locations can be found at http://www.sematech.org/meetings/sks.htm.
SEMATECH is the world’s catalyst for accelerating the commercialization of technology innovations into manufacturing solutions. By setting global direction, creating opportunities for flexible collaboration, and conducting strategic R&D, SEMATECH delivers significant leverage to our semiconductor and emerging technology partners. In short, we are accelerating the next technology revolution. For more information, please visit our website at www.sematech.org. SEMATECH, the SEMATECH logo, AMRC, Advanced Materials Research Center, ATDF, the ATDF logo, Advanced Technology Development Facility, ISMI and International SEMATECH Manufacturing Initiative are servicemarks of SEMATECH, Inc.