May 23, 2011 – SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, launched the SiT820X family of MEMS-based programmable oscillators for telecom, networking, storage and wireless applications. The SiT820X family consists of the SiT8208 and SiT8209 programmable oscillators that operate from 1 to 80MHz and 80 to 220MHz respectively. They are fabricated with SiTime’s MEMS and analog semiconductor technologies and offer drop-in replacements for quartz, SAW, and overtone oscillators.
The new MEMS oscillators claim unprecedented jitter performance; 600 Femtoseconds of integrated RMS phase jitter measured from 12kHz to 20MHz. These devices achieve 2x better stability over the industrial temperature range than quartz-based solutions, the company reports.
Programmable features enable over 200 part numbers, each of which can be a drop-in replacement for existing quartz, SAW or overtone oscillators.
The SiT8208 and SiT8209 feature:
- 600 Femtoseconds of typical integrated RMS phase jitter (measured per SONET-specified 12 kHz to 20 MHz range)
- Any frequency with 6 decimal places of accuracy
- Frequency stability as low as ±10PPM for enhanced system reliability against the effects of spurious noise
- Programmable drive strength for impedance matching and EMI reduction
- High-drive options that can be used to drive multiple loads
- Available in industry standard 3225, 5032 and 7050 packages
- Industrial (-40 to +85°C) and commercial temperature (-20 to +70°C) operation
- 1.8V and 2.5-3.3V operation
Samples of the SiT8208 and SiT8209 will be available in early June 2011 with production in Q3 2011. SiTime ships customized samples in one week and production quantities in 3-5 weeks.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. Learn more at www.sitime.com