February 20, 2012 — Strategies in Light Europe 2012, September 18-20 in Munich, Germany, is accepting presentation abstracts through February 29. Light-emitting diode (LED) industry professionals can submit papers on LED technology, LED manufacturing and the supply chain, markets, LED applications, and related topics.
Read about Strategies in Light 2012, Santa Clara, CA
Papers submitted should describe or demonstrate efforts to improve quality and performance of LED lighting, activities that help accelerate the market adoption of LED lighting, and/or results from real-world LED lighting applications and installations.
Strategies in Light Europe is in its 3rd year of providing a comprehensive conference and exhibition for the rapidly-growing LED lighting industry. The event offers a platform for the best networking opportunities and a forum for the sharing of ideas and experiences in the latest technologies.
Papers will be selected by the SIL Europe Advisory Board on the basis of technical content, audience
Papers can cover these suggested topics, or related fields of interest:
- Market growth and outlook, penetration of LEDs into key applications, barriers to further market penetration
- Case studies of specific installations: cost and performance analysis, user feedback, lessons learned
- Requirements and perspectives from lighting designers, specifiers, architects and other end-users
Supply chain & manufacturing
- Supply and demand, capacity constraints, availability of materials and equipment
- Advanced chip design and lower-cost manufacturing; epitaxial growth and processing
- Luminaire design: role of thermal management, advanced packaging & optical concepts
- Advances in LED cost, performance, lifetime and reliability
- Regional- and country-specific activities to promote LED lighting
- European activities to develop high-quality LED lighting products
- Quality control and labelling programs
- Customer awareness and acceptance, incentives and subsidies
- Funding from governments and investment community
- Standards development and implementation
- EU Directives: development and impact on LED market
- Color quality metrics, optical safety, test & measurement
- Development of OLEDs and other competing lighting technologies
- Drivers, and dimming & control networks
- Replaceable modules and light engines
Submit your abstract today at http://www.sileurope.com/conference.html
In submitting an abstract you are indicating your availability and willingness to attend and present a paper at Strategies in Light Europe 2011, if selected, and to comply with all deadlines. The speaker and author details provided when submitting an abstract will be used for pre-event marketing purposes. Papers with an overt marketing/sales/commercial subject will be rejected. Please do not submit presentations that are scheduled to be presented at other LED-related conferences.
For information/assistance on submitting an abstract for the Call for Papers, contact: Emily Pryor, Conference manager, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +44 (0) 1992 656 614.