As the industry is incorporating more MEMS devices with integrated magnetic sensors, they are encountering challenges that cannot be overcome with existing toolsets. The deposition and magnetic alignment of these materials are critical for proper device performance and require special hardware configurations and process optimization.
As an introduction we will review applications where the Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) of magnetically aligned materials is necessary to meet the desired film requirements in high volume manufacturing. Veeco has optimized the configuration for these materials giving us the controllability and uniformity of magnetic and electrical properties necessary for MEMS devices with integrated magnetic sensors.
The webcast will cover the following topics:
- Review PVD deposition of magnetically oriented films
- Application development of materials, magnetic and film property performance
- Hardware considerations for the deposition of ferromagnetic materials
- Challenges associated with the deposition of these materials
- Tool flexibility for enhanced throughput and high volume manufacturing