April 11, 2012 — Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) announced its 2011 Intel Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) awards, selecting 19 of its thousands of suppliers. Two suppliers received Intel’s Achievement Award for their extraordinary accomplishments in the areas of velocity, customer orientation and reduced cycle time supporting Intel’s semiconductor fab, packaging, and related activities. Intel announced 9 winners of the company’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award for outstanding commitment to quality and performance excellence.
“2011 was a year that tested all aspects of the supply chain from core challenges of business continuity and affordability to the need for continuous innovation, velocity improvements and growing expectations of sustainability,” said Jaclyn A. Sturm, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Global Sourcing and Procurement.
Preferred Quality Suppliers:
- Advantest Corporation supplies testers, test handlers, and test interface products.
- Applied Materials, Inc. supplies semiconductor manufacturing equipment, software and support services.
- ASML supplies semiconductor lithography equipment.
- Cabot Microelectronic Corporation supplies chemical mechanical polishing slurries.
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co., Ltd. supplies plastic injected molded trays.
- DISCO Corporation supplies cutting, grinding, and polishing equipment and services.
- DuPont AirProducts NanoMaterials L.L.C. supplies chemical mechanical planarization slurries.
- Ebara Corporation supplies electroplaters, chemical mechanical polishers and pumps and abatement systems.
- FUJIFILM Electronic Materials supplies formulated chemicals, developers, precursors, slurries and advanced photoresists.
- KLA-Tencor Corporation supplies inspection and metrology capital equipment and services.
- Marvell Semiconductor supplies application-specific integrated circuit semiconductor products and engineering resources.
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. supplies chemicals for semiconductor device manufacturing.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. supplies multi-layer ceramic capacitors.
- Rofin-Baasel supplies laser mark equipment.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd. supplies flip chip substrates.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. supplies semiconductor assembly and test services.
- STATS ChipPAC Ltd. supplies full turnkey packaging and test services.
- TAIYO YUDEN CO., LTD. supplies ceramic capacitors, inductors, and filters.
- Tosoh Quartz Inc. supplies quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment.
- Nikon Corporation awarded for velocity.
- Powertech Technology Inc. awarded for customer orientation & cycle time reduction.
"This year’s Intel Preferred Quality Supplier award winners have truly distinguished themselves by driving and executing to world-class supply chain performance in execution, innovation and quality," said Sturm. "Intel’s 2011 have excelled across an extremely demanding set of expectations, and have distinguished themselves as industry leaders in technology innovation, supply chain excellence, and corporate responsibility," added Robert Bruck, corporate vice president and general manager of Technology Manufacturing Engineering.
The PQS award is part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program that encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must score at least 80% on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and environmental, social and governance goals. Suppliers must also achieve 80% or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Learn more at www.intel.com.