April 2, 2012 — Intel, SEMATECH, and other top chip makers, suppliers, and research organizations will send speakers to SEMICON West, July 10-12 in San Francisco. The event will single out new transistor architectures, advanced lithography, 450mm wafers, and other major developments for the microelectronics sector.
Shekhar Borkar, director of Extreme-scale Technologies at Intel Labs, will provide the technology keynote on Intel’s mid- and long-term development efforts in IC scaling, power reduction, and performance improvements. Attend at 9:00am, July 10.
SEMI plans 3 TechXPOT sessions at SEMICON West: Fully depleted transistor architectures on Tuesday, next-generation lithography on Wednesday, and the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) on Thusday.
Learn about advances — and challenges — in fully depleted devices and III-V channel materials for new transistors at 10:30am, July 10, in the South Hall TechXPOT session. Speakers:
- Raj Jammy, VP, Materials and Emerging Technologies, SEMATECH
- Carlos Mazuré, EVP and CTO, Soitec
- Kaizad Mistry, VP, director of Logic Technology Integration, Intel
- Aaron Thean, director, Logic Program, imec
Lithography achievements, technology roadmaps and development efforts will be discussed in the July 11,10:30am, South Hall TechXPOT session. Learn about extreme ultraviolet lithography (EUVL) readiness from transmission and conversion efficiency to mask and resist work. The session will also cover double-patterning and the role of complementary technologies, such as e-beam lithography. Speakers:
- Yan Borodovsky, senior Intel fellow, director, Advanced Lithography, Intel
- Stefan Wurm, director, Lithography, SEMATECH
- Hans Meiling, director, Product Management EUV, ASML
- Franklin Kalk, CTO, Toppan Photomasks
- Serge Tedesco, IMAGINE (MAPPER), program manager, CEA-Leti
- Donis Flagello, NRCA fellow, Nikon Research Corporation of America
The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) sessions will be part of the TechXPOT and Extreme Electronics platforms, July 12.
The Test Vision 2020 Conference will be held in conjunction with SEMICON West, on July 11-12.
A special session on supply chain opportunities in 450mm wafers will be held on July 12.
Other TechXPOT sessions, yet to be announced, will address new materials, advances in 3D-IC, MEMS, test, advanced packaging, LEDs, OLEDs, and productivity solutions for 200mm and 300mm fabs.
Register through April 12 for a free Expo Only badge. For more information, including keynotes, programs, registration, and exhibiting, please visit www.semiconwest.org.
SEMI is a global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains. For more information, visit www.semi.org.