April 12, 2012 — The ConFab 2012, an invitation-only global conference and business meeting on semiconductor manufacturing, June 3-6 in Las Vegas, selected speakers and sessions for 2012 that cover the business climate for semiconductor companies in the face of uncertain economies; the impact of the “smart society” on the electronics industry; the relationship between fabless semiconductor companies, foundries, and packaging houses; insights into the technical challenges the industry faces; a fresh status report on the transition to 450mm wafers; a look at the increasing importance of 3D integration and advanced packaging, and an in-depth look at the changing requirements of legacy fabs.
The ConFab 2012 sessions:
- The Economic Outlook for the Semiconductor Industry
- Technology Trends in Semiconductor Manufacturing
- The Foundry-Fabless Supply Chain
- Advanced Packaging and Progress in 3D Integration
- Maximizing the Longevity of Investments
Keynote talks will also present the concept of a “virtual IDM” as a way for foundries, fabless and OSATs to collaborate, and the need for support of the “smart society” and the complete supply chain required.
- John Chen, Vice President of Technology and Foundry operations, Nvidia
- Ali Sebt, CEO of Renesas U.S.
- Jaclyn A. Sturm, Vice President of Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group and General Manager of Global Sourcing and Procurement
- Dan Hutcheson, CEO and chairman of VLSI Research
- Jim Feldhan, President of Semico
- An Steegan, Senior Vice President for Integration, imec
- Tom Jefferson, Program Coordination Manager, G450C
- Naoya Hayashi, Research Fellow, Electronic Device Operations, Dai Nippon Printing
- Stefan Wurm, Director of Lithography, SEMATECH
- Nick Yu, VP of Technology Development, Qualcomm
- Mike Noonan, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- BJ Woo, Senior Director Graphic/ PLD/CPU Business Development Division, TSMC
- Xin Wu, Principal Engineer, Xilinx
- David McCann, Senior Director for Packaging R+D, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- Sandeep Bharathi, Vice President of Engineering, Xilinx
- Ron Huemoeller, Senior Vice President, 3DAmkor
- Bill Chen, ASE Fellow and Sr. Technical Adviser, ASE
- Mike Barrow, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, International Rectifier
- Chuck Spinner, Vice President and General Manager, ON Semiconductor U.S.
- Sanjay Rajguru, Director, ISMI
- Gary Robertson, Division General Manager, KLA-Tencor
- John Frank, Senior VP Industrial and Advanced Technology, CH2MHill
Entering its eighth year, The ConFab offers a venue for executives from semiconductor equipment and material suppliers to meet with key decision makers from semiconductor manufacturers. Attendees are pre-screened to verify that they are key participants in the buying process. The event is organized by Pennwell Corporation.
“The outlook for the semiconductor industry has never been brighter, and our program is designed to highlight new opportunities as well as coming challenges. A special thanks to this year’s advisory board for their expertise in bringing it all together,” said Peter Singer, conference chair and editor-in-chief of Solid State Technology.
The ConFab 2012 sponsors: Advantest, AG Semiconductor, Applied Materials, Applied Seals of North America, ATMI, AZ Electronic Materials, Brewer Science, EV Group, KLA-Tencor, Hitachi, Lam Research, Levitronix, Marcy Nanocenter at SUNYIT & NY Loves Nanotech, Nikon, Novellus, Pall Microelectronics, Qcept Technologies, Red Equipment, Lord Corporation, SEMI, Tokyo Electron, Valqua America, Rudolph Technologies and Ulvac Technologies.
Advisory board: David Bennett, VP Alliances, GLOBALFOUNDRIES; Janice Golda, Director Lithography Capital Equipment Development, Intel; Abraham Yee, Director Advanced Technology & Package Development, Nvidia Corp; Sima Salamati, President, ZYadS Inc., Engineering and Manufacturing Consulting Company (Retired Texas Instruments Fab and Test manager); Paul Farrar, VP, Albany Expansion and Strategic Initiatives, IBM Corporation; Hans Stork, CTO, ON Semiconductor; Geoffrey Yeap, VP of Technology, Qualcomm Inc.; Lori Nye, COO/Executive Director Customer Operations, Brewer Science; Paul Edstrom, consultant (formerly CTO GE Commercial Finance); John Lin, Director of Mfg Technology Center, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd.; Ken Rygler, President, Rygler & Associates (founder of Toppan Photomasks); Takeshi Hattori, President, Hattori Consulting International; Bill Tobey, President, ACT International; Thomas Jefferson, Program Director, G450C; Richard Young, Vice President of Manufacturing Technology, SEMATECH; and Pete Singer, Editor-in-Chief, Solid State Technology.
Learn more at www.theconfab.com. For sponsorship information, please contact Sabrina Straub (SabrinaS@pennwell.com). For more information about attending, please contact Luba Hrynyk (email@example.com).