MEMS Industry Group (MIG), the industry organization advancing MEMS across global markets, today announced its conference and exposition line-up for the 2013 Sensors Expo and Conference, an event in North America for designing sensors and sensor-integrated systems. Joined by member-companies, MIG will examine MEMS sensor fusion through a pre-conference symposium. MIG speakers will also address MEMS in consumer, industrial and medical/healthcare markets through a MEMS conference track and MEMS Pavilion exhibition area on the show floor.
Pre-conference Symposium: MEMS Sensor Fusion
During the MEMS Pre-conference Symposium—“MEMS Sensor Fusion: Faster: Stronger. Smarter.” on June 4, MIG speakers will discuss how sensor fusion—the intelligent combination of data from several sensors for the purpose of improving application or system performance—is moving rapidly into the commercialization phase.
“MEMS sensor fusion offers the leading approach to meeting or exceeding power, performance and cost requirements in heterogeneous embedded systems—including mobile handsets and tablets,” said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. “And with MEMS sensors critical to the Internet of Things, embedded systems designers are increasingly hungry for information on sensor fusion tools and techniques. That is why, in our third consecutive year of playing a significant role at Sensors Expo, we decided to focus our symposium on this exciting topic.”
The MEMS Pre-conference Symposium will feature:
- Introduction—Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group
- MEMS Analyst Panel: Sensor Fusion Growth and Trends—Marwan Boustany, senior analyst MEMS + SENSORS, IHS iSuppli; Laurent Robin, market and technology analyst, Yole Développement; Tony Massimini, chief of technology, Semico Research
- Simplifying Sensor Fusion—Marcellino Gemelli, senior marketing manager, Bosch Sensortec
- How to Use Always-On Sensors for Context Awareness: Getting More Out of Mobile Devices—Kevin Shaw, CTO, Sensor Platforms
- Architectures for “Always-On” Motion Sensor Fusion for Mobile Devices—Per Slycke, CTO and founder, Xsens Technologies BV
- Piezoelectric MEMS MicroPowerGenerators for Smart Wireless Sensor Networks—Kathleen Vaeth, vice president of engineering, MicroGen Systems
- How the Micro-Amp Magnetic Gyro Opens up New Possibilities for Mobile Applications—John Chong, director, product engineering, Kionix
- Android as a Platform for Sensor Fusion Education and Evaluation—Mike Stanley, systems engineer, Freescale Semiconductor
- Sensor Modeling for MEMS Sensor Fusion—MaryAnn Maher, CEO and founder, SoftMEMS
- MEMS Sensor Fusion Panel: A Dive into Standardization—David DiPaola, principal, DiPaola Consulting; Ken Foust, sensor technologist, Intel Corp.; Becky Oh, president and CEO, PNI Sensor Corporation; Satwant Singh, MIPI Alliance
- Thinking Outside the (Mobile) Box: Other Important High-Value Applications for Sensor Fusion—Alissa Fitzgerald, founder and managing member, A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates
For more information on the MEMS conference track and more at the 2013 Sensor Expo and Conference, visit http://bit.ly/MIGse13.
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS across global markets. More than 140 companies and industry partners comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, Bosch, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, Honeywell, HP, Intel, InvenSense, Murata Electronics Oy, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments.