The IEEE Photonics Conference 2014 (IPC-2014) has announced a Call for Papers seeking original technical presentations in lasers, optoelectronics, optical fiber networks and related topics for the industrys premier fall photonics conference. Scheduled for October 12-16, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla in San Diego, CA, the conference was previously known as the IEEE LEOS Annual Meeting.
As the premier autumn gathering for scientists and engineers in photonics and light-related technologies involving quantum electronic devices, as well as other laser and lightwave applications, the IEEE Photonics Conference is anticipated to include more than 500 technical papers, invited plenary talks on important industry issues, weekend events for young photonics professionals and students, as well as a manufacturers’ exhibition.
The short course, Introduction to Silicon Photonics Device Design & Fabrication, is designed to teach students how to design passive silicon photonic devices using analytic and advanced numerical techniques. Student designs will be fabricated by a state-of-the-art rapid-prototyping 100keV electron-beam lithography facility. All designs will be tested using an automated optical probe station and the data provided to the students. Students will then analyze their experimental data.
The paper submission deadline is May 9, 2014 and papers will be accepted immediately. Authors will be notified in late June of the acceptance status of their paper. The complete Call for Papers can be found at http://www.ipc-ieee.org/call-for-papers.
Papers are invited in the following areas:
- Displays & Lighting
- High Power/Intensity Sources
- Microwave Photonics
- Non-Linear and Ultrafast Optics
- Optical Communications
- Optical Fiber Technology
- Optical Interconnects
- Optical Micro/Nano Resonators & Devices
- Optical Networks & Systems
- Photonic Integration and Packaging
- Photonic Materials & Metamaterials
- Photodetectors, Sensors, Systems & Imaging
- Semiconductor Lasers
Four Special Symposia Topics Announced
Supplementing the regular conference program will be four special symposia featuring invited speakers:
- Optoelectronic Devices for Solar Energy Harvesting — covering photovoltaics, solar fuel devices, solar desalination, solar water purification, and photocatalysis
- High Power Diode Lasers & Systems covering advances along the entire laser technology chain: diode laser sources, beam-combining, optical systems, packaging, reliability, and manufacturing of laser systems
- Hollow Core Fiber Space Division Multiplexing covering the state of the art in hollow core space division multiplexing (SDM) for optical communications.
- Optomechanics covering developments at the intersection of two previously distinct subjects: Optical (micro-)cavities and micro (nano) mechanical resonators.
For registration and other information about IPC-2014, visit http://www.ipc-ieee.org/ or contact:
Ingrid L. Donnelly, CMP
Senior Conference Planner
IEEE Photonics Society (formerly LEOS)
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: +1 732.562.5597