Luminaries from the micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) industry are spurring entrepreneurship by hosting the first “MEMS Shark Pup Tank” at Hilton Head 2016 Workshop, an interactive science and technology conference on solid-state sensors, actuators and microsystems, June 5-9, 2016 in Hilton Head, SC.
“Bringing a new MEMS device to market can feel like a Herculean task as there are so many moving parts to the process,” said Jessica Gomez, founder and CEO of Rogue Valley Microdevices. “Given this reality, a highly accomplished group of MEMS industry experts aim to lower the barrier to entry for entrepreneurs who want to introduce MEMS-based products that could influence the global economy by 2025. MEMS Shark Pup Tank is the product of their combined vision, and we are thrilled to play a part by contributing foundry services to the event’s champion.”
The MEMS Shark Pup Tank Champion will receive:
- Product development/strategy consulting and patent consulting time by industry experts:
- 8 hours of product development/strategy consulting by AMFitzgerald, a leading product development firm founded by Alissa Fitzgerald
- 8 hours of consulting by Janusz Bryzek, CEO, eXo System, and by Kurt Peterson, president, KP-MEMS
- 8 hours of patent consulting by James Walker, patent agent, KBSO Patent Law
- $10,000 in MEMS foundry services from Rogue Valley Microdevices, a full-service precision MEMS foundry
- 6 months license of MEMS Pro software from softMEMS, a leading developer of MEMS software design tools
- One year membership in MEMS & Sensors Industry Group, the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets
The MEMS Shark Pup Tank runner-up will also receive an award package.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2016