SEMI today announced that SEMICON Japan 2016, at Tokyo Big Sight on December 14-16, has increased exhibition and programming to keep pace with high-growth semiconductor segments in Japan. SEMICON Japan, celebrating its 40th anniversary, is the leading electronics event in Japan, with more than 700 exhibitors and 35,000 attendees.
With the world’s largest installed fab capacity of over 4.1 million (200mm equivalent) wafers per month and its diverse product mix, Japan is well-positioned to meet the increasing demands of the new world of electronics – from innovations in mobile technologies to the growing “World of IoT” devices. SEMICON Japan 2016 connects the players and companies across the electronics manufacturing supply chain by facilitating communications and partnerships. Highlights of the exhibition area include:
- Themain exhibit zone includes a Front-end Process zone and a Back-end/Materials Process zone.
- “World of IoT (Internet of Things)”, a “show-within-a-show,” is where semiconductor manufacturing intersects IoT applications including wearable, health care, medical, automotive, and more. The World of IoT this year newly expands its scope to include flexible hybrid electronics (FHE), an essential enabling technology for IoT applications. Exhibiting companies include Japanese flexible and printed electronics companies from key institutes and associations for the industry area.
- The Sustainable Manufacturing Pavilion, features solutions for the expanding IoT market driving 200mm lines; exhibitors include used and refurbished equipment, cleanroom-related, environmental safety, and more.
- The Manufacturing Innovation Pavilion showcases innovations for leading-edge lower-cost semiconductor devices; exhibitors include advanced lithography, 2.5D/3D-IC, innovative manufacturing systems, specialty materials, OLED/LED/PE manufacturing equipment and materials.
- Innovation Village, an interactive exposition showcase arena. Exhibitors are early-stage startups seeking funding, partners, and media exposure in the domain of electronics, materials, IT, tele-communications, bio, med-tech, environment, security or hardware.
For complete information of exhibits and programs, visit www.semiconjapan.org/en.