(July 14, 2010) — SEMI published eight new technical standards applicable to the semiconductor, MEMS, FPD and photovoltaic (PV) manufacturing industry. The new standards, developed by technical experts from equipment and materials suppliers, device manufacturers and other companies participating in the SEMI International Standards Program, are available through the SEMIViews Standards product, available at www.semi.org/semiviews.
“Today’s release of these eight new SEMI International Standards covers a wide range of applications, including display, PV, and 450 mm wafers,” said James Amano, Director, SEMI International Standards. “These standards address issues that are active today, and those that will arise when and if the industry moves to larger-diameter silicon.”
The list of new SEMI Standards being released includes:
- SEMI T20.3, Specification for Service Communication for Authentication of Semiconductors and Related Products;
- SEMI E158, Mechanical Specification for Fab Wafer Carrier Used to Transport and Store 450 mm Wafers (450 FOUP) and Kinematic Coupling;
- SEMI M76, Specification for Developmental 450 mm Diameter Polished Single Crystal Silicon Wafers;
- SEMI D60, Test Method of Surface Scratch Resistance for FPD Polarizing Film and Its Materials;
- SEMI E156, Mechanical Specification for 450 mm AMHS Stocker to Transport Interface;
- SEMI E157, Specification for Module Process Tracking;
- SEMI D59, 3D Display Terminology; and
- SEMI PV4, Specification for Range of 5th Generation Substrate Sizes for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications.
The new standards, part of the July 2010 publication cycle, join more than 790 standards that have been published by SEMI during the past 36 years. The SEMI Standards Program, established in 1973, covers all aspects of semiconductor process equipment and materials, from wafer manufacturing to test, assembly and packaging, in addition to the manufacture of flat panel displays, photovoltaic systems and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Visit www.semi.org/standards for further details about SEMI Standards.
Get all the latest news from SEMICON West at https://www.electroiq.com/index/Semiconductors/semiconwest2010.html