Over 500 exhibiting companies from 20 countries and more than 40,000 attendees are expected to attend SEMICON Korea 2015, to be held February 4-6 at COEX in Seoul. Keynotes include ES Jung, EVP and GM, Samsung Electronics, on Breaking the Limits of Semiconductor Technology through Open Collaboration, Wen-Hann Wang, corporate VP at Intel, on Inventing a Better Future: Intelligence Everywhere, and Maciej Kranz, VP at Cisco, on Internet of Everything: Turning Vision into Reality. SEMICON Korea will bring together global leaders in semiconductor manufacturing to share critical new technological development and business opportunities. The event is co-located with LED Korea 2015, the largest exhibition in the world for LED manufacturing. Complimentary registration opens today.
Some of the largest projects driving the Korean equipment market this year include, but are not limited to, Samsung’s Line 16 and S1 line, and Hynixs M10 and M11. In 2014, front-end fab equipment spending in Korea is expected to reach about $6 billion with another $7-8 billion forecast for 2015. In 2015, for fab equipment, Korea is forecast to outspend all regions except one.
- Semiconductor Technology Symposium (STS): With the theme Breaking through the Limitations of Semiconductor Technology, STS addresses the global trends and new technologies of the semiconductor manufacturing process, including: Lithography; Process Technology; Device Technology; Etching Technology; CMP Technology; Packaging; and Advanced Metrology and Inspection.
- Supplier Search Program: Where global leading device makers like Intel, SONY and TI find new local business partners.
- OEM Supplier Search Meeting: Local parts and components companies to pursue new business opportunities with top level OEMs.
- Presidents Reception: Attracts more than 340 participants including industry leaders, decision makers and VIPs.
- Standards: STEP: Equipment Data Acquisition, EDA; and technical chapter meetings (IC; FPD Metrology)
Premier sponsors of SEMICON Korea 2015 include: Lam Research, Applied Materials, Wonik, Advantest, TEL, Hanmi Semiconductor, Exicon, ASE, Hitachi High Technologies and PSK.
SEMICON Korea 2015 is the leading semiconductor technology event to explore the latest market trends and future developments for technology, featuring extensive technical forums, business programs and standards programs. A complete schedule of programs is available here: www.semiconkorea.org/en/Programs/ProgramCalendar
In conjunction with SEMICON Korea, LED Korea 2015 will hold a three-day technical conference to present the latest technical perspectives on LED manufacturing and applications.
Online pre-registration for visitors and programs is now in process for free entrance to SEMICON Korea 2015 and LED Korea 2015. For registration, please visit www.semiconkorea.org and www.led-korea.org.