MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will gather the world’s leading providers of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and sensors technology for its second annual MEMS Industry Group Conference Asia in Shanghai, China on September 8-11, 2015. Held in partnership with Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology (SIMIT) and Shanghai Industrial Technology Research(SITRI), this four-day event blends a two-day conference focused on the challenges and opportunities for MEMS and sensors in the Internet of Things (IoT) with exclusive tours of top R&D labs and commercial companies.
“MEMS Industry Group Conference Asia merges real-world exploration with a conference and networking event to give attendees a rare inside view of MEMS/sensors innovation engines in China,” said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. “From our tours of Nanopolis and SITRI Innovation Centers to interactive salon sessions with commercial industry and R&D — as well as presentations from the world’s most successful global suppliers of MEMS/sensors — conference attendees will engage with startup companies, researchers and multinational companies to learn firsthand about MEMS/sensors in Asia. Attendees will also gain valuable insight into the skyrocketing importance of MEMS/sensors in the IoT.”
Pre-conference Tour of Nanopolis
MIG will host a pre-conference tour of Nanopolis, called “the world’s largest hub of nanotech innovation and commercialization,” on September 8, 2015. Pre-conference attendees will visit Nanopolis-based MEMS and sensors companies: China Wafer Level CSP Co., Ltd. (WLCSP), the MEMS fab at MEMSRIGHT and SINANO laboratory (Suzhou Institute of Nano-tech and Nano-bionics).
The conference agenda features:
- Opening and closing remarks by Karen Lightman,executive director, MIG
- Welcome by Xi Wang, director, SIMIT/SITRI
- Keynote: “Realizing the IoT through MEMS & Sensors Innovation”– Dr. Ty Chiu, CEO, SMIC
- “China IP Initiatives to Boost Innovation: the MEMS IP Mart and Innovation Ecosystem” — X.J. Zhang, president and CEO, Nanopolis
- “Monetizing Sensor Data: Bridging Valuable Information with Analytics” —Ian Chen, marketing, Systems Architecture Software and Algorithms, Freescale Semiconductor
- “Actually, It’s Actuators” — Benedetto Vigna,executive vice president, STMicroelectronics
- “Sensor Solutions Beyond MEMS”— Leopold Beer, regional president Asia Pacific, Bosch Sensortec
- “Making Industrial Internet Real: Smart Sensors, Software Defined Machines and Analytics” — Pengju Kang, executive technology leader, GE Global Research
- “IoT Devices Connectivity: the Opportunities and Challenges” panel
o Moderator: George Hsu, chairman of the board, PNI Sensor
o Panelist: David Allan, president, Virtuix
o Panelist: Xianfeng (Sean) Ding, director of sensing – chief scientist, Huawei
o Panelist: Andrew Kung, general manager, Colt Advance International Limited
o Panelist: Gary Yao, advanced technology manager, HTC America
- “MEMS and Sensors Fabrication Supply Chain Challenges” —panel and Q&A sponsored by Okmetic
o Moderator: Doug Sparks, executive vice president, Hanking Electronics
o Panelist: George Liu, director, TSMC
o Panelist: Ian Wright, marketing director, SPTS
o Panelist: Zheng Yuan, vice president and general manager of the 200mm Equipment Product Group, Applied Materials
- “Texas Instruments DLP Finding its Way in China to Enable New Markets” — Michael Wang, business development manager, Texas Instruments
- “Enabling the Next Wave of Smart Sensing” –Neil Zhao, field applications engineer, Analog Devices
MIG Conference Asia also features a Dinner Cruise on September 10 with MIG, SITRI and SIMIT aboard the yacht, The Happy Captain.
Chinese Innovation Experience
On September 11, conference attendees will take an “innovation tour” of the SITRI fab and Shangahi Simgui Technology Co., Ltd as well as other SITRI facilities, including the IoT Innovation Center, QST and SITRI labs. Attendees will visit the InnoSpring Innovation Center, where they will experience demos from SITRI IoT Systems Group and SITRI Executive Information System (EIS) R-CAD.
They will also participate in salon sessions with industry/academia to discuss trends in China spanning agriculture, environment, 3D printing, automotive electronics, monitoring cameras and electronic tags.
About MEMS Industry Group Conference Asia
MEMS Industry Group Conference Asia attracts product managers, business development professionals, and product/engineering managers from the MEMS and sensors supply chain including: integrators, device manufacturers, foundries, equipment and material suppliers, researchers, developers and end-users. The majority of the audience is from Asia, with additional attendees from Europe and North America representing multinational corporations.