Contributing editor and blogger Phil Garrou received the 3D InCites “Device of the Year” award during the 2016 SEMICON West conference for “Excellence in 3D Packaging Technologies.” The awards were a result of industry voting for individuals, companies and products exhibiting excellence in 3D packaging expertise and contributing to the commercialization of game-changing technologies such as: fan-out wafer level packaging (FOWLP), interposer-based packages, 3D stacks and 3D System-in-Package (SiP).
- Since his retirement from Dow Chemical in 2004, Dr. Garrou has provided information as a consultant, expert witness and reporter on high end packaging with a focus on 2.5 / 3D Integration.
- His weekly Solid State Technology packaging blog “Insights From the Leading Edge” (IFTLE) is now approaching its 300th post.
- He has written 130 articles for Yole Developpement’s iMicronews that took “A Closer Look” at advanced packaging technologies focusing on 3DIC.
- He co-edited Vol. 1-3 of the Wiley VCH series “Handbook of 3D Integration” in 2008 and 2014 and co-edited the first MRS Proceedings on 3DIC (2006 & 2008).
- Garrou helped create and chaired the 1st and 4th “IEEE 3D System Integration Conference” that is now entering its 7th year and has been Technical Chair of the RTI “3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration & Packaging” Conference (3D ASIP) for the past 9 years.