Today, SEMI announced an exceptional lineup of keynotes at SEMICON Japan’s “SuperTHEATER” focusing on innovation and insights into the future of the electronics supply chain. SEMICON Japan 2016, the largest exhibition in Japan for electronics manufacturing, will take place at Tokyo Big Sight in Tokyo on December 14-16. Registration for the exhibition and programs is now open.
Japan’s semiconductor fab equipment capital expenditure (front-end facilities, both new and used including discretes and LED) is forecast to increase 12 percent (to US$5.0 billion) in 2017, according to the August SEMI World Fab Forecast report.
On December 14, keynotes will focus on the future:
- Semiconductor Executive Forum – “The Creation of New Business Opportunities” keynotes:
- Toshiba: Yasuo Naruke, corporate senior executive VP, on “Toshiba Storage Business Strategy; Utilizing Big Data to Win Productivity”
- TSMC: Jack Sun, VP of R&D and CTO, on “New Frontiers of Semiconductor Innovation”
- Murata Manufacturing: Hiroshi Iwatsubo, executive VP, on “Business Strategy and Technology Trends”
- Opening Keynotes – “Into the Future” keynotes:
- IBM Research: Dario Gil, VP, Science and Solutions, on “The Cognitive Era and the New Frontiers of Information Technology”
- University of Tsukuba: Yoichi Ochiai, media artist and assistant professor, Digital Nature Group, on “The Age of Enchantment”
The SEMI Market Forum, also on December 14, with the theme “Outlook and Growth Opportunities in the Electronics Manufacturing Supply Chain” will offer presentations from IHS Markit, VLSI Research Inc., and SEMI.
Highlights on December 15 include Industrial IoT Forum, Autonomous & Connected Car Forum, and U.S. Commercial Service IT Forum. The Technology Trend Forum on December 16 focuses on “The Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Innovation for All.” In addition, SEMICON Japan features forums on Manufacturing Innovation and IoT Innovation.
Attendees at SEMICON Japan will explore the key technologies and business models necessary to grow in the coming years. The SuperTHEATER offers nine keynote forums, all with simultaneous English-Japanese translation, with global top executives.
Platinum sponsors of SEMICON Japan include Disco Corporation, Screen Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd. and Tokyo Electron Limited. Gold sponsors include: Advantest Corporation, Applied Materials, Inc., ASE Group, Daihen Corporation, Ebara Corporation, Fasford Technology Co., Ltd., Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, JSR Corporation, Lam Research Corporation, Nikon Corporation, Tokyo Seimitsu Co., Ltd. and VAT Ltd.
For more information and to register for SEMICON Japan, visit www.semiconjapan.org/en/