The 64th annual IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting(IEDM), to be held at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel December 1-5, 2018, has issued a Call for Papers seeking the world’s best original work in all areas of microelectronics research and development.
The paper submission deadline this year is Wednesday, August 1, 2018. Authors are asked to submit four-page camera-ready papers. Accepted papers will be published as-is in the proceedings. A limited number of late-news papers will be accepted. Authors are asked to submit late-news papers announcing only the most recent and noteworthy developments. The late-news submission deadline is September 10, 2018.
At IEDM each year, the world’s best scientists and engineers in the field of microelectronics gather to participate in a technical program consisting of more than 220 presentations, along with a variety of panels, special sessions, Short Courses, a supplier exhibit, IEEE/EDS award presentations and other events highlighting leading work in more areas of the field than any other conference.
This year, special emphasis is placed on the following topics:
- Neuromorphic computing/AI
- Quantum computing devices and links
- Devices for RF, 5G, THz and mmWave
- Advanced memory technologies
- More-than-Moore devices and integrations
- Technologies for advanced logic nodes
- Non-charge-based devices and systems
- Sensors and MEMS devices
- Package-device level interactions
- Electron device simulation and modeling
- Advanced characterization, reliability and noise
- Optoelectronics, displays and imaging systems
Overall, papers in the following areas of technology are encouraged:
- Circuit and Device Interaction
- Characterization, Reliability and Yield
- Compound Semiconductor and High-Speed Devices
- Memory Technology
- Modeling and Simulation
- Nano Device Technology
- Optoelectronics, Displays and Imagers
- Power Devices
- Process and Manufacturing Technology
- Sensors, MEMS and BioMEMS
For more information, interested persons should visit the IEDM 2018 home page at www.ieee-iedm.org.