SEMI announced today the launch of the European Semiconductor integrated Packaging and Test (ESiPAT) Special Interest Group. The Special Interest Group (SIG) represents SEMI members who have semiconductor packaging, assembly, test manufacturing, or design activities in Europe. The purpose of the SIG is to foster collaboration among companies and to collectively raise the profile and reinforce the semiconductor back-end industry in Europe. Activities will include:
- Maintaining a strong back-end network in Europe
- Increasing awareness between European suppliers and device/packaging manufacturers
- Mapping and reporting capabilities and capacities of European SiPAT members
- Identifying gaps in the European back-end supply chain relative to other regions
- Advocating for the Packaging, Assembly, and Test industry in Europe
- Building project consortia and bidding for European funding
The newly formed executive committee of the SIG includes representatives from AEMTec, First Sensor, NANIUM, RoodMicrotec, Sencio, STMicroelectronics, and Swissbit. More than 20 additional companies from the European back-end supply chain have already expressed interest to join.
Companies meeting the requirements can apply to join the ESiPAT group. SEMI membership and ESiPAT SIG membership dues are required. Additional information, including the charter and by-laws, is available online. Within SEMI, Europe is pioneering the SiPAT SIG. Additional chapters in North America and Japan are currently under development.