SEMI and TechSearch International today announced a new edition of the Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database – the only outsourced semiconductor assembly and testing (OSAT) supplier database available in the market. The report, an essential business tool for anyone interested in device packaging, tracks facilities that provide packaging and testing services to the semiconductor industry.
The new edition includes more than 80 updates spanning packaging technology offerings, product specialization, new facility announcements, as well as ownership/shareholder updates, bringing the total number of facilities tracked in the report to 320.
Combining the expertise of SEMI and TechSearch International, the Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database update also features a new section listing the revenues of the world’s top 20 OSAT companies in 2016 and 2017 and captures changes in technology capabilities and service offerings at various facilities.
The Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database is a comprehensive report offering insights into global OSAT facilities in China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Americas. The report highlights new and emerging packaging offerings by manufacturing location and by companies. Specific details tracked include:
- Plant site location, technology, and capability: Packaging, Test, and other product specializations, such as sensor, automotive and power devices are highlighted.
- Packaging assembly service offered: BGA, specific leadframe type such as QFP, QFN, SO, flip chip bumping, WLP, Modules/SIP, and sensors.
- New manufacturing sites announced, planned or under construction.
Tracking advances in packaging technology, which directly affects chip performance, reliability and cost, requires understanding company offerings by location. Key features of the updated report include:
- More than 120 companies and 300 facilities
- Over 90 facilities offering leadframe CSP
- Over 25 bumping facilities, including 20 with 300mm wafer bumping capacity
- More than 45 facilities offering WLCSP technology
- New facilities offering FOWLP and FOPLP
- 92 facilities in China, 89 in Taiwan, 39 in Southeast Asia
The database findings are based on information gathered and compiled from over 120 companies globally. All information in the Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database was gathered by SEMI and TechSearch International. Report licenses are available for single-user and multi-users. SEMI members save 16 percent or more depending on the type of license.