Thermal Engineering Associates, Inc. (TEA) announces that its Thermal Test Chip (TTC) will soon be available in 8″ (200mm) diameter wafers. This conversion is taking place because â€“
- Industry is better able to handle 8″ wafers for bumping, thinning, and sawing
- Number of available Unit Cells per wafer is more than doubled
- Wafers can be offered up to 725Âµm thick to better simulate application chips
- The larger wafer produces more large cell array chips
- Cost per Unit Cell is lowered
For a limited time, TEA is accepting preorders for the 8″ wafer products â€“ both TTC-1001 (1mm x 1mm Unit Cell) and TTC-1002 (2.54mm x 2.54mm Unit Cell) versions â€“ and is offering a price discount on orders of 5 or more wafers of either version. Both versions will be available in Wire Bond or Flip Chip (Bumped) types. Initial delivery is scheduled for February 2019.